Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting Started

Good evening, this is my first posting for the Fat and Fickle blog.  My girl friend has decried that I am to lose weight.  She tells me that eating this thing called breakfast is going to help me get there.  So that's what I've started doing before going into work.  Additionally, I am to cut alcohol out of my diet... At least mostly.  Apparently booze is packed full of empty calories; imagine that.

I have been directed to write down what I eat... (sigh)  Well if I must, then that's what I'll do.  A little challenge to myself; I've taken pictures of some of the food I've been eating as proof of my legitimate efforts to make good on my part.  Actually it's all my part, what the hell am I talking about?  It's not as if anybody else is forcing me to live the lifestyle I've been living.

I'm going to post up everything I eat--assuming I remember--and maybe this will help keep things under control.  Right... Let's go.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you misquoted me. I said "decried" not "decided", but that's merely semantics. You are of course correct. I should have a more positive attitude about this. That being said, you did actually tell me I need to lose weight.

    Anyway, I appreciate your support very much. I truly do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do. It's that natural fear of change... in this case, making major changes in my lifestyle. That and I need time to get used to this whole process.

    It's hard to not get the impression that I'm not good enough the way I am when the world gangs up on you and tells you to lose weight. Hence the ever present under-tones of resentment. You have to be a fatty to understand that.

    But yes; don't get the impression I'm only doing this because you said so. I do want this for myself. Its just that there's going to be a lot of bitching and finger-pointing (coming from me) along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete