Monday, February 21, 2011

A Breakfast Reflection

I went to Curran's for breakfast with my 93 year old grandmother on Sunday morning.  She's the immortal athlete that's going to be standing around like a bronze statue through time; she'll probably out live us all... Anyway, she had a significantly larger meal than I did.  This is a first in the history between us.

I looked at the menu.  I thought about calories and fat for about 2.5 seconds.  But then I thought more along the lines of the fact that it was snowing outside, I want to go home, and I don't even like the act of eating anymore.

Up until last fall I was all about eating whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want.  Slight problem with that philosophy is you get fat, feel like shit, and women won't want to date you for the fore mentioned reasons. I could also say that there was a bit of change in lifestyle due to neccessity.  My last job had me so busy during the final months of my contract, that I simply just stopped going out for lunch.  I had clementines at my desk for breakfast, and a sandwhich for lunch.

Fast forward to present day.  Thanks to my crucible mind-set, I don't like eating anymore.  Therefore perusing Curran's menu lead me to the side orders.  Grapefruit and oatmeal will now be my breakfast.

Breakfast was served and I ate my food... sorta.  I finished the grapefruit and about a third of my oatmeal.

Sorry, I just don't feel like eating.


Why did we even bother going out to eat?  I could have had this at home.


Later in the afternoon I ate a ham and cheese sandwich, with a few handfuls of peanuts here and there.  My visiting mother was kind enough to cook an outstanding dinner of three cheese tortolinni with a garlic spinach sauce.  Too bad, I was barely able to eat half of it.  Perhaps it would make a good lunch the next day?

I did wind up eating a little more later on.  I was drafted to be taxi driver for my friends Jeff and Connie for a trip to Good Sports.  There were about 4 bites left of her cheeseburger that she didn't finish.  I ate what was left of the burger, which wasn't much.

No comments:

Post a Comment