Monday, February 21, 2011

Emerging From The Crucible

Considering what I have been going through, I'm surprised that I was able to tighten my belt a notch yet again.  I was hospitalized for nearly 5 days last week in what was the worst week in my life as an adult.

While in the hospital, I was served 3 squares a day or crap that resembled public school lunch.  Simply due to the fact that I refused to eat most of my food, I lost weight.  Since my release, my appetite hasn't returned.  It's a strange thing to think about, but I haven't been able to finish a meal, except once, in 7 days.  The one exception was a late night breakfast at the Uptown Diner after an evening of carousing.  Unfortunately, I wound up throwing it all up 5 hours later, so it doesn't really count as a successful completion.

Putting all that heinous crap aside for a minute; I do feel lighter and more nimble.  Let's see where this weight loss thing takes me.  One thing is for certain at this point.  I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.  All's I know is when I'm supposed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment